Resources for the Bateman Community During the COVID-19 Crisis
Key health information resources
- WHO: World Health Organization coronavirus overview, prevention, and symptoms
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control
- California Department of Public Health Daily updates and other information
- City of Berkeley
- Consumer Reports
Health information and policy updates
- New York Times
How To Help
- Lists major community service organizations—e.g. Meals on Wheels, etc—and Resource Banks.
- Lists needs for volunteers as well as items needed. All of the organizations listed can also use monetary contributions.
- The Berkeley City Council has approved up to $3 million in emergency relief grants for small businesses, nonprofit arts organizations and worker rent support, that will hopefully be matched by the community at large. The website offers more information as well as the opportunity to donate.
- Help collect bedsheets and sew cotton hospital gowns for the staff at Children’s Hospital nearby
- Make mask covers from quilting cotton to protect health care providers N95 respirator (courtesy Berkeleyside)
BerkeleySide: Independent, award-winning news site in Berkeley, California, reporting on Berkeley and the East Bay
To suggest additional information to be added to this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org